Monday, December 26, 2016

Mabel G. Frazee 432S

Grandma Frazee was not a storyteller although she was apt to embellish what she said.  I suspect that I spent more time with her than any of her other grandchildren and I was the last family member to see her before she died, but I don't believe we had an especially close relationship.  She tended to play favorites, although her stated goal was to despise that behavior. So, she tended to tell me how nice, smart, and attractive my cousins were and what my problems were pretty matter-of-factly. Fortunately, I am blessed with an excellent memory and I know her compliments shifted to Chris, Jeff, Bonni, James, and my sister Lisa on a regular basis and so it's been easy for me to imagine that when she was alone with one of them, she would also compliment me and point their faults out matter of factly with perhaps a little embellishment.  I'm pretty sure that's how her mind worked.

I wish I could say that she had one favorite person, and that was her husband Edwin. I wish I could say that theirs was a 65-year romance that happily bounced around the globe like a Tommy Dorsey number. It's only fair though to say, matter-of-factly, that Grampa made her happy enough. Certainly comfortable. And that what joys she may have lacked seeing his car drive into the garage after work, she was capable enough to make up for on her own, if she wanted to.  Which, often times she didn't.  

However, she had a long, long life and writing her obituary I imagine how many things she did, she owned, and she shared and it just goes to show you that if you just keep plugging away at things, if you live long enough you accomplish a lot, get to know a lot of people, and have your share of good times.

Mabel Frazee 8-27-1919 to 5-11-2015

Mabel Gweneath Frazee passed away peacefully in her sleep Monday at Silver Oaks Country Estates in Vista, California. She was born August, 27th, 1919 in Raton, New Mexico to John and Mattie Rohr. The family moved to California in the early 1930’s settling in the North Park neighborhood.

Mabel enjoyed musicals, world travel and her fellow members of the Palomar Model A Ford Club.  She collected Charles Schultz’s Peanuts memorabilia, knitted, and played the trombone.


She was preceded in death by her husband Edwin, her daughter DorisLee, and her sisters Udene Greaser and Jo Kerr.  She is survived by her sister Lane Shepherd, her sons and daughters-in law John and Diane Frazee, James and Janis Frazee, and Harley and Marylou Frazee, six grandchildren and nineteen great grandchildren.  She was interred at the Eternal Hills Memorial Park in Oceanside.

No comments:

Post a Comment