Sunday, January 29, 2017

Gladys Lucy Frazee - 43S1

Final Rites Tuesday for Gladys L. Frazee

OCEANSIDE – Funeral services will be held Tuesday for Gladys L. Frazee, 70, who died Saturday at her home, 1730 Stewart.
Mrs. Frazee was a lifelong resident of Oceanside and a member of the First Christian Church.
She is survived by her husband Frank C., sister Mrs. Edna Smith of Oceanside; brothers Clarence Virgil and Harold Libby, [daughter Marjorie Miekle of Novato, and sons] Edwin, Ernest, Elmer, and Robert Frazee of Oceanside, 11 grandchildren [Frank and Jim Miekle, John, Dorislee, Jim, Harley, Blair, Theresa, Shelley, Susan and Nancy Frazee. As well as two adopted granddaughters, Joan Moore and Betty Barnett.] and one great-grandchild [Lisa Frazee and two great-grandsons, Bill Moore and Blain Barnett].
The Rev. Dan Genung will officiate 10 a.m. services at Berry-Bell Mortuary with burial following at Eternal Hills.

Blade Tribune – March 10, 1963


I couldn’t help editing this for content.
Susan Frazee-Kurner: I have many memories of her. I would get her little stool for her feet, I remember being at the cabin with her several times. She once told my mother that I needed a spanking and if she hadn't been a wheelchair, my dad would have had many more spankings. My favorite memory was sitting in the kitchen eating warm Lima beans in milk with lots of pepper with her; I can trace my love of Lima beans to those tasty bowls with Gram.

Betty Frazee-Stonebreaker: She order from Sears a Cookie Press for Joanie and I and we make cookies like crazy. I use to go over and dust for them and then we would have nice sandwiches and ice cream. Grams & Pa were the best

Shelley Frazee-Boyce: Gram taught me so much - how to bake bread, drink tea with lots of half and half, how to order Christmas presents from the Sears catalog. But The most powerful lesson was to life live to the fullest regardless of what you were dealt and how Pa cared for her and the family they created together. They are the grandparent and human beings I strive to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment