Thursday, January 19, 2017

Malcolm Cleverdon "Mike" Frazee - 232

"I Liked Mike" - They ought to have made a campaign slogan of that - Mike had the most exciting stories and a regal voice with which to tell them. He had been an Air Force superstar and yet he was still the kid from the neighborhood (just 41 years older than me).  

Malcolm Frazee, 73
   VALLEY CENTER – Malcolm C. “Mike” Frazee, 73 died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 1997, in his home.
   Born April 13, 1923, in San Diego, he lived in Valley Center his entire life. Joining the Air Force during World War II, he retired as a colonel in 1975.
   Mr. Frazee is survived by his sons, Dennis Frazee of Huntington Beach and Thomas Frazee of Winter Park, Fla.; sister Joan Smith of Seattle; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
   A private inurnment is planned on Jan. 30 at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery.
   The family suggests memorial donations to Elizabeth Hospice, 150 W. Crest St. Escondido, CA 92025.
  Poway-Bernardo Mortuary is handling arrangements.


North County Times January 29, 1997

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I am doing some research on my uncle who was a b17 gunner in ww2. His primary pilot at first was a malcom frazee. Was this frazee in tour pic a B17 pilot? Please email me at jspsax79@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I'm a librarian also. As a researcher with the 306th Bomb Group I am happy to find this info about Malcolm Mike Frazee, one of our pilots. We have an inquiry from the UK from a person researching British Air Sea rescues. Mike's crew ditched in the channel off the coast of Belgium 20 July 1944 and spent several hoursin the water before being rescued by ASR. Did he tell stories of that? Thanks
    Sue Fox Moyer ssma43@gnmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he did tell stories of his time in the 306th, and his ditching was on the day I was later born on, so he told me about it, but, it was 40 years ago that he told me, so I don't remember more than floating many hours in bone chilling water fearful of floating towards Nazi held land. I didn't talk with him enough to learn the names of his crew and how they coped with it individually, although he might have talked about it.

    ReplyDelete